Additional Guidelines for Laboratory Operations or Industrial Settings
- Depending on the time and circumstances of the earthquake, you may be asked to stay out of the building for a few minutes to a few days--or indefinitely.
- Check the short-term evacuation checklist, and complete the essential steps listed. These include, but are not limited to:
- Turn off gas burners.
- Check quickly for fires, fire hazards, or spilled chemicals.
- Check for injured or physically limited people who might have trouble evacuating the building.
- Bring emergency supplies (first aid kit, flashlights, etc.) to the emergency assembly point.
- Close the lab door as you leave.
- Report crucial items or hazards to the appropriate official at the emergency assembly point.